1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

General Receiving text hours after they are sent

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Bruce3, Feb 5, 2012.

1. Bruce3

Bruce3 New Member

Dec 26, 2011
    I have verizon's samsung nexus and i sometimes receive texts hours sometimes 10-12 hours after they have been sent. My gf has texted me while i was sitting next to her and i'll receive the first couple but then the rest hours later. Has anyone else experienced this? If so is there a fix? Thanks!

Advertisement

2. skier10

skier10 Active Member

May 15, 2010
    This morning I got a message that was sent yesterday, but that's the only time it has happened since getting my nexus last weekend. Does it happen with just your gf, or others too?

3. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations!

Nov 17, 2009
    Male
    I'm retired: every day's a Monday :P
    Manchester, TN
    I routinely get messages hours - if not DAYS - after they were sent. It is NOT a Nexus problem. Happened when I had my OG Droid, too. I hate to bust on Verizon, but methinks the network is the source of our angst.

4. lord aries

lord aries Member

Aug 29, 2010
    Public Relations
    Lubbock, TX
    I had this problem only when I was using Juice Defender- once I stopped it stopped. If you are using something similar, or if you are switching your data off etc, that would do it.

5. AntimonyER

AntimonyER AF Addict

Jun 18, 2010
    Statesboro, GA
    I will have problems occasionally from out of network texts. Alltel seems to be the worst.

6. The_Chief

Nov 17, 2009
    Male
    Manchester, TN
    Sadly I had this nagging problem long before I installed Juice Defender or anything of the kind.

The texts that seem to be taking the longest are in-network messages. It's really hit or miss: sometimes the messages are nearly instantaneous, sometimes they're delayed.

I'm really not sure there's a fix for this. :(

7. I had that issue last year with my Droid 3. I ended up calling Verizon Support and they reprogrammed my phone. I had to first hang up and call them back on a landline.

No delayed texts since.

Crashumbc and The_Chief like this.
  8. nomarsgirl

nomarsgirl Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2010
    Red Sox Nation
    Why would she text you while sitting next to you?? Talk! Make eye contact! :p

9. butternutz

Jan 23, 2012
    People aren't that bright these's days.

10. The_Chief

Nov 17, 2009
    Male
    Manchester, TN
    EYE CONTACT??? What is THAT? Oh yeah, wait: isn't that considered stalking now? :p

Talking? That's what Speech-to-Text is for! LOL

Naturally I'm j/k, I not THAT much of an introvert :)
    But still: I'm glad I'm not the only one with this text delay problem... <--- Trying to stay on topic :D

11. CAMAN

CAMAN Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    Minnesota
    I've had the issue with every VZW smartphone I've had, Blackberry, D2, and now my GNex. I believe it is a network issue also. Rebooting the phone daily seems to lessen the delay. Also updating roaming frequently seems to help.

12. elmerjr128

elmerjr128 Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    I've had the issue with Verizon basic phones, so it's not just smartphones.

Step your game up, Verizon.

13. syntrix

syntrix Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2009
    engineer
    The South
    Woah, wait!

Are your roaming onto the new "Alltel" network after they were reborn after VZW bought them?

Yes, it was very weird to see people at lunch with Alltel badges after they got bought out and then reborn, lol.

14. Bruce3

Bruce3 New Member

Dec 26, 2011
    Was it something Verizon did on their end? Did you have to reset your phone? We were texting eachother in the same room to see if the delay would happen. Its strange because were didnt have this problem when i was using a blackberry. Shes on Tmobile. I think i get all my text on time from other people tho. And no this isnt a case of "selective" text reading :p.

Tags: