1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

receiving texts extremely late on htc desire gd (orange)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by joeybradezz, Feb 2, 2011.

1. joeybradezz

joeybradezz Lurker

At first I just thought it was my contacts replying late, but I noticed that they had sent it like one minute after me but I have gotten the texts up to 2 hours later... I am on Orange and I have HTC desire HD... its becoming a real problem now as I text quite a lot... any ideas? I also always have full signal too...

I have emailed orange but they haven't seemed to bother to reply, I am in my second month of my contract...

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Xannetic

Xannetic Newbie

Orange has a habit of delaying sms, I once sms my brother to test on the delay, it was 45 mins after I texted him then he got the text. Also I found that when you send a text in a weak single area it is most likely being delay from my personal experience.

Unless you are willing to pay 1p per text to orange to get a proper delivery report, then there is no actual solution to this i am afraid.

3. Spiritine

Spiritine Newbie

There's loads of posts about this on the forums already take a wee look ;) ...It's not Orange, I'm on Vodafone, all the desire hd's are doing it since the update around new years, its a joke it hasn't been fixed yet, the only solution for now is get an app called sms alert, I've been usin it for a month and so has everyone else I know who has desire hd...

HTC Desire HD Forum

The HTC Desire HD release date was October 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1230mAh battery.

October 2010
Release Date
Reviews