1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Receiving Texts Out of Order

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by britt92, Apr 4, 2016.

1. britt92

britt92 Lurker
    None

Apr 4, 2016
    Good Evening!

I have a Note 5 and have been having some issues receiving long sms messages. I'm on Verizon, so I don't know if that affects anything but whenever I receive long messages from people who use different carriers, like AT&T, they almost always are split when I receive them, out of order, and under a 160 word count. I've tried deleting the conversation, clearing the cache by going through the application settings and restarting the phone but it doesn't work. It's frustrating having to piece the messages together to make sence when it was sent as one message to begin with. Sometimes the messages include emojis, so I don't know it that has anything to do with the issue or not. Any information would he greatly appreciated!

Advertisement

2. jdub4christ

jdub4christ Newbie
    None

Jan 18, 2014
    Male
    I have at&t and my text from my wife on same plan has been doing that for the last couple days. Then today it started showing correctly without changing anything.

3. britt92

britt92 Lurker
    None

Apr 4, 2016
    I think I figured it out. When the messages are over 160 characters and emojis are included in the text, the messages will be split into messages around a 50 character count and out of order. If no emojis are included, messages will still be split at 160 characters but shown in order. I've done some trial and error with it and plenty of research. So far it's been working like a charm!

Jfalls63, tube517 and jdub4christ like this.