• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Receiving WAP Push on HTC Tattoo

stuart121972

Jun 2, 2010
Hi

New to the forum and hope someone can help. When I do work for a particular customer of mine sends he me a WAP push message. This contains a URL link to the details of the job I'm carrying out for him so that I can update his system with the job progress without having to ring him up, etc.

The problem is since I got my Tattoo I've not been able to receive these messages from him and can't figure out why. SMS & MMS works fine and so I Can't figure out why these particular types of messages don't get to me.

Hope I've not been to vague and someone can help.

Thanks

Stuart,

...sends he me a WAP push message... cut...
The problem is since I got my Tattoo I've not been able to receive these messages from him and can't figure out why. SMS & MMS works fine and so I Can't figure out why these particular types of messages don't get to me.

Android comes without WAP Push support, sort of. In order for he sort of WAP Push messages you receive to work, the device must support the SI (Service Indicator) format of messages. Then the URL in the WAP Push must be opened using WAP protocol stack (also not present in Android) using appropriate GPRS APN (by deafult, as payable content also is delivered this way).

so, I suggest you call HTC, tell them to get in touch with someone that has such a solution that they can quickly install (e.g. Winwap Technologies - Home) and buy a Android WAP Stack which provides all of the above out of the box. Then you can again with your next Android device receive those important messages from your customer :)

Not so helpful in your current situation I am afraid, sorry.

cheers,
Abbe

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones