1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Recent apps and back touch buttons not working

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by trockson, May 3, 2016.

1. trockson

trockson Lurker
    None

May 3, 2016
    Male
    Hi,

I recently got a new S7 Edge. Today i had the phone in my pocket, pulled it out to check something and noticed that i had pocked turned on location and flight mode. silly pocket right. But then i noticed that i couldn't use by recent apps and back buttons at all. They also don't light up at all.

Looked for some fixed and most of them described it being a recent app and some steps to check in safe mode then to delete recent apps. Failing that it was to do a factory reset. I had the bright idea of stuff it it's new and i had a minimal amount that would be lost, so i went ahead and did the reset in the interest of being lazy and didn't want to fiddle around.

Well the recent apps and back touch button's still don't work. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Advertisement

2. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

Jun 30, 2011
    Male
    If a factory reset didn't fix it, it needs to go in for repair.

3. trockson

trockson Lurker
    None

May 3, 2016
    Male
    Well that's a bit of a bummer. Thank you for the reply. Is there any further information that you can give me on what caused the problem or is it like 1 in x will fail like this? Even if you can point me in the direction of some reading on it would be appreciated.

Thank you again

4. Snakeyeskm

Snakeyeskm Android Expert

Apr 8, 2014
    Male
    Investment Banking
    US

Samsung Galaxy S7

The Samsung Galaxy S7 was launched in 2016 and was one of two devices in the lineup. The device features a 5.1-inch display with a resolution of 2560 x 1440, 4GB of RAM, 32GB of storage, and a 12MP rear camera.