• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Recent Apps question

jester0803

Lurker
Jan 11, 2012
Hello all I am new to the forum and have a question regarding the EVO 3D.

My 14 year old daughter has the EVO 3D, and as a concerned parent I periodically check her phone for inappropriate content. I have been noticing in the recently accessed apps that the internet icon is the last accessed app. But there is no history showing for the internet for that day. She is telling me that she had not accessed the internet. I have two questions:

1. Is it possible that she is not connecting to the internet and the phone randomly connects to the internet leaving the internet icon in the recent apps?

2. If she is clearing the history on the phone is there another way I can access the websites she's been viewing? Like if I would connect it to a computer or any other way.

BTW...we are on the Sprint network.

Thanks

Two things could be happening:

1) She clicks the internet link by mistake and it opens the browser and she just doesn't use the browser.

2) Or, more likely, she clears the history out. The Internet app doesn't come up on it's own.

I believe you can get a report from Sprint on cell / internet activity from Sprint, but I don't think they track data through wifi, only 3G/4G. There are parental control apps on the market, though.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones