1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Recent speaker problem on calls

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by LifeguardSteve, Feb 8, 2011.

1. LifeguardSteve

I tried to search this but found nothing...so here is the problem. Seems when I call or when I receive a call, only the earpiece, or the speaker phone is working. Meaning, if I call someone using the speaker phone sometimes they hang up because my voice isn't getting through to them. Now, if I switch to the regular calling mode before they hang up they can hear me that way. it also happens the other way around....if I call the normal way sometimes they can't hear me, but if I switch to speakerphone before they hang up then my voice goes through. AND there is no way to tell which way will work on any particular call.... it's always one or the other....and the one not working is usually (but not always) the one I am using first?

Any ideas?

Thanks
    Steve

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Chad

Chad Newbie

I have experienced a similar problem to this. Sometimes when I use the Voice Search app to "Call <name> mobile" I will hear them just fine, but they never hear me. However, I'm usually always using the phone's earpiece and not the speaker when this occurs. It doesn't happen every time, and it hasn't happened in a while so it may have been resolved in a software/app update that I missed. Of course, I only occasionally use this so I may have just lucked out lately.

My most recent problem (and the reason I was brought to this thread) is that my external speaker died last night, as everything is now poppy and distorted. I'm afraid the only fix to that is a replacement phone. :(

Edit: Oh, and I forgot to mention this but I'm running the leaked DK28, so I could be experiencing a number of bugs that may not apply to those running stock 2.1.

Samsung Epic 4G Forum

The Samsung Epic 4G release date was September 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Hummingbird processor, and 1500mAh battery.

September 2010
Release Date
Reviews