1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Recent Updates from Google on my LG Ally

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by wscottb, Sep 24, 2010.

1. wscottb

wscottb Member

Sep 24, 2010
    On Wed. 09-22-10 my LG Ally went into an update download on its own. My phone was sitting on my desk and I looked over at it and there was a white box on my screen with files flying onto an Andriod icon. This took about 5 - 8 minutes. While this was going on, my side indicater light was flashing blue. After a few minutes my phone rebooted and once it completed this reboot I noticed the battery indicator was in the yellow, before this update it was well over 50% green. It clicked on my andriod advanced task killer and there were MANY apps running, many that I never seen before. Killed all apps and kept checking avery 10 - 15 minutes and noticed these apps keep comming on. I left it go, charged my phone and noticed this behavior for the next day...So I called verizon and they stated it was a forced update from Google and there was nothing they could do for me. I used to be able to text, facebook and make calles for a 13 hour period with out charging and with out all these apps running. Now I am lucky to get 3 - 5 hours out of my battery with just texting adn calling.
    Does anyone have any suggestions?

Advertisement

2. blkarmphoenix

blkarmphoenix New Member

Sep 24, 2010
    I am havin the same exact isuue on my ally since the update. I got on here to ask about it but the author of this thread beat me to it. Same problem though. Every 15 to 20 minutes the phone starts running 8 to 15 apps in the background, (this is an estimate as I don't pay attention to the exact amount I just frustratedly keep killing them.) Its tying up my memory and draining battery like none other though, please help!

3. wscottb

wscottb Member

Sep 24, 2010
  4. wscottb

wscottb Member

Sep 24, 2010
    dID IT HELP YOU

Tags: