1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Tips Recently Bought Moto-X & Monday Deal

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by BlueIce5249, Jan 25, 2014.

1. BlueIce5249

BlueIce5249 Android Expert
    None

Mar 31, 2010
    Cleveland, Ohio
    I bought my Moto X on Friday afternoon, right before the deal was announced. Naturally, I was a little perturbed, especially when Moto said they wouldn't do anything for me beyond me having to return my phone and hopefully purchase again a new phone. (Note: I've already had to cancel 1 order because of Motorola) So I gave up, calmed down, and called again today.

Long story short, they're giving me free $40 ear buds and free anti-glare protection film. This is in addition to the $50 off coupon and a free $30 case they gave me already this week.

Just thought I'd post this for people who may be in a similar situation. Moto is more than willing to dish out some free stuff to frustrated customers.

Can't wait till my phone and the rest of my free stuff gets here. Really looking forward to it now! :)

Advertisement

Thom likes this.
  2. bixler777

bixler777 Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 8, 2010
    So Cal
    I assume the phone purchased last friday has not arrived yet, given the week plus that it takes to get shipped, etc...so why not just pretend you hadn't ordered one last friday, and order a new one on monday at $299...and return friday's phone when that one arrives to you? you have a full 14 days to return it for a full refund, so in essence, the friday phone purchase would be null, and you'd get a new one for $299, just as you'd like.

3. BlueIce5249

BlueIce5249 Android Expert
    None

Mar 31, 2010
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Because I've already been screwing with this for a week and I don't feel like ordering a 3rd phone. They screwed up the 1st one and it had to be cancelled. I just want my phone lol. Plus, I need to return the phone I'm using now next week.

Apparently there are certain laws that protect consumers from things like this, basically saying they HAVE to credit you the difference. My friend said this, but I honestly don't care that much anymore. I got a crapload of free stuff I wanted to buy anyways. Maybe I'll call to try it out if I'm bored Monday? lol

But if you call Monday, maybe they'll give you credit? Usually