1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Recently Downloaded Song Disappearing Overnight

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by asterry1, Sep 27, 2011.

1. asterry1

asterry1 Lurker
    None

Sep 27, 2011
    I noticed that within the past month the songs I download will appear in my music player (which is the stock one for the HTC inspire) for a day and disappear overnight. I have Astro File manager and the songs will appear in the Music Download Folder, but not in the Music Folder. I'm assuming the files have to be in the music folder for them to play in the music player. Is there any way to prevent my music from disappearing from my music player overnight?

Advertisement

2. jeremy1701

jeremy1701 Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 3, 2011
    Kenosha, WI
    I have this same issue since the upgrade. It seems to be happening with a lot of apps, including Gallery. Not sure what's going on.... The temporary solution is a bit tedious; move the file from your device onto your computer, then copy it back. Voila!

asterry1 likes this.
  3. KBent

KBent Member
    None

Feb 18, 2011
    Hmmm.....
    I had this same issue with the gallery, I ended up downloading an App called QuickPic to replace the stock gallery and that solved the problem.

I just went and looked at the stock music app for a couple of songs I recently downloaded, and like yours they aren't there. Does anyone know of a good App to replace the stock music App?

Both of these issues started happening after the update.

asterry1 likes this.
  4. jeremy1701

jeremy1701 Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 3, 2011
    Kenosha, WI
    This will happen with Winamp and Songbird in addition to the stock music player.

5. UnplugMe

UnplugMe Well-Known Member
    None

Sep 21, 2011
    Northeast U.S.
    I'm having the same problem. Transferred music yesterday, worked fine then, today they are missing from music player but still show on SD card. I can choose one through Astro and play it, but then the file listing says there's no music on the phone.
    Just lovely.

Edit: Found this through a search, my phone is not an HTC, it's a Sony Ericsson Xperia mini pro, just purchased, haven't updated, Android 2.2.3. Photos disappeared as well, but are still on card.

asterry1 likes this.
  6. asterry1

asterry1 Lurker
    None

Sep 27, 2011
    I will try to sync my phone with htc sync and see if that fixes the problem.
    Thanks for everyone's feedback! Glad to know other people are experiencing the same problem.

7. asterry1

asterry1 Lurker
    None

Sep 27, 2011
    Hey guys, I know it's been months, but syncing my phone worked!!! Thank you!!