• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Recently swapped my iPhone for a G1

MacMan

Lurker
Oct 29, 2009
As my handle suggests, i'm a fan of Macs, and naturally picked up a 3G last year as my first official 'smartphone'.

The plan was to jailbreak it and use it on tMobile.. but the home button died on me. So after hours and hours of trying this and that to try to jailbreak the phone with no progress, I gave up and used it as an 8gb iPod Touch with a camera and GPS.. but what I really wanted was a phone with wifi, camera, contacts, etc.. and since having to use Windows (or any of it's variants) for any length of time makes me physically ill.. I was left with the BlackBerry or Android option.

Android is something that's interested me since it's introduction, specifically the Linux underpinnings, and it's supposed open development, so I posted an ad on Craigslist, and found a dude to trade me my 8gb iPhone 3G with busted home button for a gently used G1 bronze.

So that's my story. 3 days into the 'Android Experience' and i'm enjoying the change of scenery.

Now if I could just figure out why I get 'connection error' with my POP3 eMail accounts.

As my handle suggests, i'm a fan of Macs, and naturally picked up a 3G last year as my first official 'smartphone'.

The plan was to jailbreak it and use it on tMobile.. but the home button died on me. So after hours and hours of trying this and that to try to jailbreak the phone with no progress, I gave up and used it as an 8gb iPod Touch with a camera and GPS.. but what I really wanted was a phone with wifi, camera, contacts, etc.. and since having to use Windows (or any of it's variants) for any length of time makes me physically ill.. I was left with the BlackBerry or Android option.

Android is something that's interested me since it's introduction, specifically the Linux underpinnings, and it's supposed open development, so I posted an ad on Craigslist, and found a dude to trade me my 8gb iPhone 3G with busted home button for a gently used G1 bronze.

So that's my story. 3 days into the 'Android Experience' and i'm enjoying the change of scenery.

Now if I could just figure out why I get 'connection error' with my POP3 eMail accounts.

Welcome to the AF forums and enjoy your visits !! :cool:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones