1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Recessed End/Power Button

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by gocoogs, Nov 21, 2009.

1. gocoogs

gocoogs Member

Nov 4, 2009
    I have done a bit of searching around the forum and am proud to report that I may be the only Sprint HTC Hero owner with a recessed end/power button.

Basically, my call/green button is more raised from the phone than the end/power button. While admittedly trivial, it is taking a very calculated press (if not more) to get the phone to sleep. I spoke to a technician at my local Sprint store if there was any solution to the issue and he said that is has yet to be discussed in fancy technician forums as a major issue.

So, I need you all to measure the height between the two buttons and the chrome trim for consistency. Seriously though, check.

Advertisement

2. bobeink

bobeink Active Member

Oct 13, 2009
    Actually my green/call button is a little recessed than the red/sleep/end button. Isn't a problem and hopefully doesn't become a problem.

3. blampars

blampars Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2009
    Michigan
    I wouldn't say mine is recessed. Both the call and end buttons are about flush with the chrome paneling. It has become a habit to hit the end call button with my fingernail instead of my finger tip just because it's a bit harder to hit than your typical button. Once I got used to doing it that way, it feels fine and I don't have any gripes about it.

4. meangreengdub

meangreengdub Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2009
    DFW, Texas
    My green answer button is a lot more recessed than my End. Its annoying but I don't really use it since its a touch screen.

Tags: