1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

recieving multiple texts?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by sx4dude2013, Sep 11, 2011.

1. sx4dude2013

sx4dude2013 Android Expert

I use handcent and im getting 3 or 4 of the samd texts from people? Any ideas?

Advertisement

2. OutOfPhase

OutOfPhase Premium Member

I have had the same issue with both my bionic and og using Handcent. I have not figured out how to fix it yet.

3. jmill75

jmill75 Member

Same here, came through 3 or 4 times today

4. Blasek

Blasek Member

Same on bionic and og except I use the stock messaging. Very annoying and I just assumed it was the network...

5. jestexman

jestexman Android Enthusiast

Open your stock message app and go to setting and disable notifications...

6. seethesvt

seethesvt Well-Known Member

If your using handcent, go into the stock messaging app and turn off notifications in the settings.

7. jestexman

yea what he said.. :D

8. jestexman

welll well 300th post!!!

9. thatguy188

thatguy188 Android Enthusiast

I have no idea, I also use Handcent and didn't do anything to it except change the Notification Sound and it works perfectly. Wish I could give you some help but I just wanted to throw this out that I have no problem with it whatsoever because some people here seem to have problems.

10. sx4dude2013

sx4dude2013 Android Expert

No...im getting multiple texts in Handcent.....notifications has always been disabled in stock app...

11. OutOfPhase

OutOfPhase Premium Member

Same with me

12. CBCS

CBCS Newbie

Same here, both with OG and the Bionic in the stock messaging app. Only seems to happen from my friends iphone on AT&T, and even then it's sporadic.

13. dguy

dguy Android Expert

Consider emailing the developer since your problem has to do with an app and not the phone.

14. seals97

seals97 Lurker

Try completely restarting the phone and doing a battery pull, i had the issue with my thunderbolt when I got it. It was an error with the sim card. I didn't have the issue with my bionic though.