• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root recnetly rooted and PROBLEM!

hi all i'm new here, but i really need help.

my battery life has gone to shit after rooting. last night it went from 100% batt to all the way discharged in about 7 hours(probably less but thats how long i slept) the phone was at idle all apps killed before turning in. please help me, i'm pretty livid right now.

i also tried the recalibration of the battery procedure and that seemed to work for one day only.

hi all i'm new here, but i really need help.

my battery life has gone to shit after rooting. last night it went from 100% batt to all the way discharged in about 7 hours(probably less but thats how long i slept) the phone was at idle all apps killed before turning in. please help me, i'm pretty livid right now.

i also tried the recalibration of the battery procedure and that seemed to work for one day only.

So you were simply running the stock AT&T shipped ROM and have simply rooted your phone or did you flash another ROM after rooting?

Upvote 0
yes, just root only. no fancy stuff yet.

Wow, that is puzzling. I don't remember anything like that occurring when I rooted my Aria. The main reason I rooted my Aria was to be able to run Android Wifi tether. I ran my stock AT&T ROM rooted from June until around October when CM 6.0 became available and didn't experience any battery issues like you are seeing.

Since you now have ClockworkMod available, I would boot into ClockworkMod and perform a Wipe Cache and Wipe Dalvik and see if that helps.

Upvote 0
ok just tried that hopefully that works. also what about the battery calibration? does that help?

Once I started looking at CM 6.x one of the versions I flashed caused my battery consumption to shoot up, so I tried the wiping the battery stats and it didn't help. It turns out that particular version of CM 6 that I flash had an issue with either BT or wifi and that was causing my battery drain.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones