• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Recommend a Gaming Headset

ThaiBoy02

Feb 1, 2010
DMV (DC,MD,VA)
I was taking a look at some gaming headsets recently. I have a decent surround sound system but when it gets late on the evening I dont wanna bother other people that might be trying to get some rest. SO........... Turtlebeach? Tritton? Please recommend me a headset and WHY you would recommend them? OH and lastly between $150-$200

I would disagree. I have had nothing but problems from my turtle beaches. I had the tritton ax 720s, and they are a quality headset, the Astro A40s are supposed to be top of the line, but they are also 250$.
Currently my turtle beach dx11's have been fairly crappy compared to the trittons. They are lighter and comfortable, but the sound is a joke, and the dolby sound processor it comes with does not do surround sound justice by any means. I emailed turtle beach about the problems i have with them. I am using the razer onza controller and when it vibrates it sends the game sound muffled through the microphone causing my friends to complain constantly. Turtle beach told me not to use a wired controller and there is sometimes feedback.
I am thinking about buying the tritton axpro's but honestly if you are on a budget and the trittons end up fitting your head properly they are most likely your best bet.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones