• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Recommend a program that makes reminders more visible and fixed

AntiMorrisey

Lurker
Nov 14, 2013
I want a program that will plug into Google Calendar but will be more in your face with reminders and remain constant on the phone display until finally dismissed and cleared. Regrettably, I have missed a few Google calendar reminders recently, and I want to stop that from continuing to happen. I dont mind paying for a one-off app, but I am not keen on on-going subscriptions. Hope someone can advise. Thanks

How old is your phone's software? There used to be an app called Calendar Snooze which did this perfectly, but it's no longer supported and doesn't work with modern Android versions (9 or 10 certainly, not sure about 8).

"Calendar Notify" does something similar, but I had trouble with that too (can't remember details, might have been that it interfered with forwarding notifications to my fitness tracker - in any event I removed that a year ago).

Those are the only 2 I can think of. All I can suggest is trying and seeing whether they work for you, but since neither is being updated now don't be surprised if it's not a long-term solution. Maybe someone else will pick up this baton...?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones