• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Recommend me a phone to replace Note 3 (productivity)

mystvearn

Android Enthusiast
Jun 7, 2010
MY
Hi,

I have been using the Note 3 since launch. gone through 3 replacement batteries which I change yearly. A year ago, I removed all the games on the phone, since my phone was slowing down. I don't game on my phone anyway now due to work. Also, the space is an issue - whatsapp is taking a lot of space. Now, even replying to emails takes time (at the loading email message after hitting the reply button in the stock mail app). I do have lots of widgets on the home screen.

I came from a Galaxy S2. So things I do miss is the FM tuner, though it is not a killer feature. I still have the S2 and that has been converted into a radio.

1. Things I use on the Note 3 include the IR blaster (just before Peel remote decided to become bloated with adds). Not a killer feature
2. Split screen or picture in picture mode. Sometimes I open youtube and Waze at the same time which I transfer via BT to the car system. Whatsapp and Youtube when holding the phone. Important feature.
3. Call block/spam filter system. The Note 3 has a block number list and a call reject list. This I use a lot.
4. OneNote (with S Pen). I am heavy OneNote user since I note down all the meetings with the S Pen. I don't have meetings everyday, but when I do, I don't use paper, only OneNote and handwriting. I don't draw.
5. Good camera. I don't take photos that much, but I like it always available.

Things I noticed that new phones don't offer is the ability to open the internals. I can easily fix the GPS unit of the Note 3 and replace the battery all the time.

In Malaysia, Samsung is selling the Note FE along with the Note 8. These phones do not have a IR blaster (not that it matters that much). I heard recently that ZTE has launched a dual screen phone which is great since i don't need to do picture in picture and have two different screens displaying immediately. I also heard rumors that Samsung is coming out with a folding phone with S Pen. I think this is the device I am looking for though I am not sure how long will this phone be released. That is, if it will ever be released.

Any suggestions?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones