1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Recommend some iOS-replacing apps?

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by uRabbit, Mar 31, 2011.

1. uRabbit

uRabbit Member
    None

Jan 8, 2011
    Hi all! Wanting to make the transition from iOS to Android in June when my contract is up and I get the full upgrade credit with AT&T. I have several very important apps that I need to find on the Android Marketplace.

1) PocketMoney - I use this app to track the use of my checking and savings accounts, credit cards, etc. There are many apps that do the same thing, but not like PocketMoney. It's highly customizable with tags, notes, etc.

2) GasCubby - I use this app to track the mileage and maintenance performed on my vehicles. However, this app does not allow backup of information, so when stupid things happen (like app bugs, iTunes syncing issues, etc.), all my information is deleted, thus defeating the purpose of using such an app. Is there an app that allows backup of information, onto a server, via email, or some other way?

3) iPod - Is there an app that has a feature like Genius? Will set up compilation playlists based on the track genre, even if the genre field is not filled in on that track.

4) Backup of all information - Contacts, Calendar, Notes, etc. I know Winamp (and iTunes via doubleTwist) can sync music, but what about the more important items?

That's all that I can think of right now, as iTunes is giving me issues; took all my apps and says my backup is corrupted, forcing me to restore to factory defaults. First, I need to backup my contacts.

Thanks all! I can't wait to join the ranks of the FREE!
    BTW, there should be a Convert group of former iOS users. Haha.

Advertisement