• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Recommendations? - Bluetooth Car Speakerphone

Our state goes hands-free in two weeks. Does anyone have a recommendation for a reasonably priced, portable (the kind that clips to sun visor) bluetooth car speakerphone that works well with the Fascinate?

I don't need all the bells and whistles. I just want it have good reception, a good mic, support voice dialing and it would be nice to be able to "ignore" a call. I don't even want it to announce the caller i.d. (unless there is an option to turn this feature off).

Any recommendations?

Not very fond of the visor clipped ones, only because i don't think they're loud or clear enough. I've had the Parrot BT and Motorla BT hooked up through my car speakers, works great, it did not pick up a lot of road noise, and i can still talk to people with my windows down. Motorola also has an option to use an external speaker that you can place either underneath your seat or steering column, still clear and loud, but not as loud as the car speakers would get.

Upvote 0
Our state goes hands-free in two weeks. Does anyone have a recommendation for a reasonably priced, portable (the kind that clips to sun visor) bluetooth car speakerphone that works well with the Fascinate?

I don't need all the bells and whistles. I just want it have good reception, a good mic, support voice dialing and it would be nice to be able to "ignore" a call. I don't even want it to announce the caller i.d. (unless there is an option to turn this feature off).

Any recommendations?

What state is that?

Upvote 0
CA is hands free too.

and even though its not really a bluetooth speaker system, i use the maverick sunrise in the car and that works pretty well. they have these car docks (39 is kinda pricey for a car dock if you ask me....but its worth it). its got magnetic docking so i just drop the headset on when im not using it so its always charged. and it even does this thing where it automatically connects to my phone when i get in my car.

i just leave it in my car for when im driving (super convenient) and use my jawbone prime in the house

*nevermind....apparently the car dock is 29 now.....even though it was 39 when i got it just recently.....which is lame!!
http://mavericklifestyle.com/nica-car-dock-handsfree-solution.php?id=2

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones