1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Recommendations for Pixel 4 XL case

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Derrick4323, Jun 6, 2020.

1. Derrick4323

Derrick4323 Lurker

Hi

I'm looking for recommendations for a case for the Pixel 4 XL - I'm more concerned about preventing cracks, from impacts, than scratches.

Am I right that the official Google fabric case is more about preventing scratches than protecting the phone from drops?

Thanks in advance.

2. Mackey69

Mackey69 Member

Never had a fabric case but Spigen cases have been my go to for years, especially the Tough Armor cases. My Pixel 3a had a 6 foot drop to concrete a few weeks ago and just a nick in the case is all that happened.

3. Derrick4323

Derrick4323 Lurker

Thanks. :)

4. Brian706

Brian706 I like turtles!

I also have been using Spigen for my last several devices and have been happy with them. I went with the rugged armor on my Pixel XL as I like a little less bulk

5. Derrick4323

Derrick4323 Lurker

6. Mackey69

Mackey69 Member

I've used those as well and also Neo Hybrids. All excellent cases.

7. Derrick4323

Derrick4323 Lurker

8. PattiCakeUS

PattiCakeUS Android Expert

Tech 21 Evo Check case is what we bought when we bought our phones in January. It's a heavier TPU case so it feels great in the hand but isn't too slippery, and I've dropped my phone a few times already but it just bounces. I'm a klutz so I need protective cases & this one is great.

9. Derrick4323

Derrick4323 Lurker

10. codesplice

codesplice Elite Recognized Moderator

The fabric case for the Pixel 2 provided a decent amount of impact protection, but since then they've been reducing the depth of the overhang in front of the screen. It got to the point where I wasn't comfortable even just gently placing the newer phones face down on a flat table when they were only protected by the fabric case.

I've switched gears and am now a big big fan of the RhinoShield CrashGuard bumper-style cases. I really like that they leave the back of the phone exposed so you can still enjoy that great glass feel, but they also provide plenty of impact protection. I've dropped my CrashGuard-clad Pixel 3 and Pixel 4 XL on concrete several times with no damage.

11. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Bounty Hunter
    Administrator

Spigen all the way here. Though I'm addicted to Carbon Fiber so explored some other choices lately, like SCF, simply carbon fiber

Google Pixel 4 & 4 XL Forum

The Google Pixel 4 & 4 XL release date was October 2019. Features and Specs include a 5.7" inch or 6.3" inch screen, 16MP camera, 6GB RAM, Snapdragon 855 processor, and 2800mAh or 3700mAh battery.

October 2019
Release Date
Reviews