1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Recommendations on good cheap wall charger

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by darkcyber, Dec 10, 2013.

1. darkcyber

darkcyber Android Expert

I would like to purchase another wall charger to keep at my office that will charge my Note 3 quickly, like the one that comes with it does. I have a bunch of the regular chargers, like came with my GNex, but they do not charge it fast at all. Looking for something cheap that works good. Anyone run across any? Suggestions appreciated.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. jwither

jwither Android Enthusiast

If you registered your N3 at Samsung.com, you would have received a 50% off coupon via e-mail, with which you can buy another OEM charger.

You could probably find them cheaper somewhere else, that's just the first thing that occurred to me.

darkcyber likes this.
  3. darkcyber

darkcyber Android Expert

I have not registered mine with Samsung. Will try that...Thanks!

Did you purchase your OEM charger from Samsung.com?

4. darkcyber

darkcyber Android Expert

Hmmmm...just logged into Samsung.com and yes I have registered my GN3 sometime...must have done it on the phone and didn't remember it. Dug back through my old gmail emails and found the coupon...lol!

Thanks for pointing that out!

Note: even with the 50% off coupon I can still purchase an OEM Samsung charger (same thing on Samsung's webiste) for half of the cost even using their coupon on ebay. $10.00 or less on ebay and even with the coupon on Samsung it would be $20.00 at half price.

5. darkcyber

darkcyber Android Expert

6. Bodycount

Bodycount Android Enthusiast

Got a question on chargers and USB 3.0. I have a 4.2amp 2 port wall and car charger (2.1 amp per port). Will that work for my phone or do I need a special USB 3.0 wall charger in order to get all the amps?

Not sure on how the wires in the cable are pinned out.

7. RickSchlegel

RickSchlegel Member

I'm using an old iPad charger that belonged to my wife as my office one --- "10W USB Power Adaptor" (5.1V/2.1A output) is what it calls itself. Works great.

8. Digital Controller

Digital Controller The Real Bass Creator

The only difference between 2.0 and 3.0 is when you connect them into your computer there will be a difference in data transfer rates and charging rates, "potentially", this is the key word.

3.0 is a decent amount faster transfer rate than 2.0, I don't know the exact amount faster.

Wall charging will still be the same.

9. big_z

big_z Android Enthusiast

The extra pins are data only. As long as your wall/car chargers are 2 amp chargers, they'll charge your phone quickly, regardless of whether you use a USB 2 or USB 3 cable.

I use an Anker 2 amp car charger and a USB 2 cable. It's not quite as fast as the OEM wall charger but it's close.

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Note 3 release date was September 2013. Features and Specs include a 5.7" inch screen, 13MP camera, 3GB RAM, Snapdragon 800 processor, and 3200mAh battery.

September 2013
Release Date
Reviews