1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Recommended apps

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by microserfs, Aug 3, 2010.

1. microserfs

microserfs Member

Hey all,

This morning I stupidly managed to drop my phone down the toilet. Took it to CPW and got a brand new one replaced (luckily still had insurance).

One thing's that disappointed me is that all my apps have disappeared. I'm having a relapse in memory and for the life of me can't remember the apps I had installed. Anyone have any good apps to recommend? Good music players, good ebook readers, etc? Games?

Also... I've read a lot of people have updated to Froyo... where is this update available to get from?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. liewbob

liewbob Member

If you had appbrain installed on your original phone, you can go to http://www.appbrain.com/my_apps on your pc and reinstall your apps. Appbrain and appAware are both good sources for getting app recommendations.

3. microserfs

microserfs Member

I did actually! Wow, thanks for reminding me.. just hoping I synced all the apps I had to Appbrain and that it can pick them up.

Do I have to reinstall the apps via the PC? Any specific way of getting them on the phone? I don't have Froyo yet.

4. Phenomenological

Phenomenological Android Expert

All I have to say is...smooth! :D

As for Appbrain, I'd probably just write the names down then search for them and install them from the Appbrain app on the phone. But there may be a faster way.

5. liewbob

liewbob Member

I haven't tried to install from appbrain.com but normally you can browse for an app and install from appbrain. I have no idea if you can still do this if appbrain still thinks it's installed on your phone - so, like Phenom... sys, I'd print our or write down the appbrain list before I synced the new phone.
    Also, there are other apps that you may have installed that track your installed & uninstalled apps and may save them to your SD Card - if you're still using the same card?

HTC Desire Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews