• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Recommended email app

blaket81

Sep 14, 2011
Hi there, i'm just wondering if there's a certain email app (free), that people are having the most luck with. The built in one on my phone is horrible, either that or it doesn't work well with my paticular email account (comcast). When an email gets delivered i have to wait like 20-30 minutes before viewing it, if i try to open an email that was just delivered the phone just sits saying "please wait while opening", it will just sit there forever and never actually let me view the email. I can try again and again with same result. It's not until i give up and try again like half hour or hour later when i remember and it opens right up. The phone has done this since i got it, so it's not a matter of updates (or lack there of) or needing to do a hard reset.

Thank you for the replies, i actually just had k9 installed and removed it, i couldn't get it to auto sync (i kept having to open and hit check mail to bring in new emails). I couldn't seem to find the setting for auto though, so it could be my ignorance. Also, most of the email i get is junk and i didn't see a way to delete a bunch of emails at once, which could also be due to my ignorance of not knowing how. Thank you for the replies, i may just reinstall that.

Upvote 0
Thank you for the replies, i actually just had k9 installed and removed it, i couldn't get it to auto sync (i kept having to open and hit check mail to bring in new emails). I couldn't seem to find the setting for auto though, so it could be my ignorance. Also, most of the email i get is junk and i didn't see a way to delete a bunch of emails at once, which could also be due to my ignorance of not knowing how. Thank you for the replies, i may just reinstall that.

For syncing, tap he the email account. press menu and go to setting. Select fetching mail (i think that's what it's called. Don't have my phone with me at the moment) and you can select how often it checks for new mail.

To delete multiple emails, along the left side are tabs. Touch and drag the tab to the right to show a check mark. After you select the emails you want to delete, press the menu button and select delete.

Reactions: blaket81
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones