• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Recommended manual install of Froyo on Nexus One?

qcom

May 24, 2010
Hey everyone, if you read the thread I started over on the N1 section of the forums, I finally got my N1!!

Now, just because I'm so excited about Froyo and heard there was a leak today, I was wondering if anyone here has updated their device manually (preferably an N1 just for comparison's sake) to Froyo, and would give some feedback?

Is it reliable, should I just wait for the OTA updated probably due out in a week or less?

Any suggestions, please.

Thanks!

I just installed the latest FRF72 leak earlier today. My phone suddenly became very hot after that. I had to reboot it and its back to normal, now its cold to the touch. So i guess this isnt the final release either. I still got the youtube bug where if i lock the screen while watching a youtube video, the app crashes and asked if i want to force a close or wait for a response.

Other than that, installation went smoothly. No noticable changes from the initial FRF50 froyo leak though.

Froyo may have some conflicts with certain apps you run, and certain live wallpapers might not be supported as well. No loss upgrading to froyo now, since you'll still get the OTA when its officially released. Ive been running froyo for quite sometime and im enjoying the smoother interface and wifi hotspot makes iphone users look pitiful. :)

Upvote 0
I just installed the latest FRF72 leak earlier today. My phone suddenly became very hot after that. I had to reboot it and its back to normal, now its cold to the touch. So i guess this isnt the final release either. I still got the youtube bug where if i lock the screen while watching a youtube video, the app crashes and asked if i want to force a close or wait for a response.

Other than that, installation went smoothly. No noticable changes from the initial FRF50 froyo leak though.

Froyo may have some conflicts with certain apps you run, and certain live wallpapers might not be supported as well. No loss upgrading to froyo now, since you'll still get the OTA when its officially released. Ive been running froyo for quite sometime and im enjoying the smoother interface and wifi hotspot makes iphone users look pitiful. :)

Well.. I think I'll wait, although it's becoming increasingly difficult as some of those Froyo features look aMAZING!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones