• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Recommended Memory Optimizer For X10

kersey

Mar 29, 2010
Have found an excellent app that does away with the need for a Task Killer, which some say is un-needed on an Android device but I've always used one.

It's called Autokiller Memory Optimizer and manages your RAM keeping it at a preset level without affecting performance.

I've been using it for a day on the Extreme setting. My ram is at 125+mb on boot and doesn't go below 90mb after a day of use of internet, Angry Birds etc. Haven't noticed any performance issues either.

I recommend it and find it helps my X10, hope it's of use to you guys on rooted X10's

It's available on the Market or the link below:

AutoKiller Memory Optimizer ~ Android Application v4.9 By AndRS Studio | Tools

This kind of program is unnecessary due to how Android is constructed. If it wastn't they would have added it by now.

Task killer was useful to correct malfunctioning apps this spring (2010). As there are fewer of those around, taskkillers slows the phone more, than it speeds it up.

I don't have any memory optimizer or taskkiller, but if you must my recommendation is to have Taskkiller but only start it when you suspect a new app might eat your battery away.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones