• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Recommended OS for HTC Touch Pro?

J

Jonathanese

OK, so my captivate died and it wasn't covered. so until I get a new digitizer, I'm using an HTC touchpro which is MUCCHH slower. As soon as I got the thing, I ditched windows for android. But froyo seems to be a bit slow on the thing. is there a better version for a slower processor?

OK, so my captivate died and it wasn't covered. so until I get a new digitizer, I'm using an HTC touchpro which is MUCCHH slower. As soon as I got the thing, I ditched windows for android. But froyo seems to be a bit slow on the thing. is there a better version for a slower processor?

Generally speaking, when you're in the 2.0's the higher you go the better because android is optimized better. I think 2.2 is fine for your TP.

Upvote 0

Its much slower because it has half the processing power youre used to having...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones