1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Recommended video player, converter and settings?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Ayered, Nov 28, 2011.

1. Ayered

Ayered Member
    None

Nov 28, 2011
    What are some recommendations for video players for good 720P mp4/mkv playback? I've heard mention of Moboplayer, Rockbox and QQ Player.

I've used Handbrake and a few other converters. Are there any other good ones that produce quality output that plays well on the MT?

What encoding settings do you recommend for 720p x264?

How likely is it that HDMI output will be fully functional in a future CM7 build?

EDIT: Oh also, are there any tweaks to improve the HD video recording framerate on the camera?

EDIT2: Well, I started new a tread with all my general notes about the phone, including video testing:

First day with my new Triumph

Advertisement

2. rondizzled

rondizzled Member
    None

Nov 2, 2011
    Mx player for video

Ayered likes this.
  3. Ayered

Ayered Member
    None

Nov 28, 2011
    Thanks, I'll add that to my list of players to try.

Meanwhile, I found the Android Media forum which has some helpful discussions on video players and conversion. Of course, I'm still interested in hearing specifically from more Triumph owners about video playback and conversion.

From the All Things Root forum, it sounds like HDMI output support in CM is a "maybe." isaacj87 is working on experimental support.

EDIT: Has anyone tried DicePlayer on the Triumph? Does it do any hardware decoding on the Snapdragon?

I found mention of encoding settings: