1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Recommending Go Launcher (was "New Launcher!" and "Go Sms"))

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Steven58, Dec 17, 2010.

1. Steven58

Steven58 Recognized Incompetent Moderator
    Moderator Thread Starter

You gotta check this out!! I installed it and am really excited about it.

It is "go launcher"

You can have up to 30 screens! LPP like dock. Portrait or Landscape scrolling app drawer where you can view open apps and close them, recent apps, etc.

I'm still exploring this but I strongly advise folks to look at it!

I'm lookin' out for ya!

Go Launcher - Android app on AppBrain

Edit: I'm using Go Launcher as my preferred launcher, now. I prefer it over LPP. Even though LPP has nice widgets, I've found Go Launcher to be faaar more stable. No glitches. Sure it's relatively new and has a few minor details to work out, but I'm going with this launcher. It will give you less headaches, especially on initial launch and wake up from sleep mode, than LPP.

Additionally, GMB showed me GoSMS. That is now my text app of choice and I recommend that one. Please check them out. I want to especially direct newbies to the more stable programs.

Steven

Advertisement

2. Nightwind Hawk

Nightwind Hawk Well-Known Member

Thanks for the tip!

but... 30 screens? :p that would take a long time to flip through. HAHA.

3. goldz28

goldz28 Android Enthusiast

For me LPP works just fine. If something changes though I'll give this a shot.

4. ekyle

ekyle Android Expert

Added to my "Check Out" list on app brain :) Thanks

5. Caveman419

Caveman419 Android Enthusiast

I will most definitely check it out today. Just flashed Tranquility 3.6.0 last night and don't like locked down dock in it (loving everything else though).

6. Stealthman

Stealthman Android Enthusiast

If it doesn't lag like LPP then I will consider it.

Th3Coog likes this.
  7. GregTard

GregTard Well-Known Member

Nice, I will have to take a look. Still looking forward to LPP rewrite targeted for April.

8. bigbadwulff

bigbadwulff Android Expert

Gonna give it a try. I like LP and the developer has done some good things with it. But it's time to try something new.

You must enable auto-rotation if you want it! It will do it but you have to enable it.
    Angry Birds Seasons drops down to the bottom of the app drawer menu for some odd reason.
    I like the way it adds the icons to home screens better...no more trying to drag to the side of the screen and hope it goes.
    Seems smoother so far.

9. Helicrewchief

Helicrewchief Well-Known Member

30 screens? Wow I don't know what to do with 7

10. Steven58

Moderator Thread Starter

I should say you can HAVE UP TO 30 screens. It's far more stable than LPP (my present tool) but does not have scrolling widgets ability, so I'm going to dress it up in the background and wait for it to be updated to have scrolling widgets.

11. Caveman419

Caveman419 Android Enthusiast

So far I am really liking this launcher! It is much smoother than the one included in the TranQ 3.6.0 ROM. And I like how you have the control over the number of screens, like MIUI ROM.

12. k0smo86

k0smo86 Android Enthusiast

It's a good launcher, just needs scrolling widgets and 10x10 grid for me to switch over.

13. staypuft

staypuft Newbie

after that recent lpp update it has been fast and lag free for me

14. bigbadwulff

10X10??
    Yikes!!

15. Outlaw71

Outlaw71 Android Expert

Holy shit, LP's rewrite isn't due until April??? Man I've been looking everyday to see if it was done, I had no idea it was going to take that long. Guess I'll give this one a try then. I wonder if LP docks will work with this one?

16. Outlaw71

Outlaw71 Android Expert

In the market it says the new version supports scrollable and resizable widgets.

17. Airmaxx23

Airmaxx23 Android Expert

Scrollable widgets work fine for me with this launcher.

18. mahers

mahers Android Expert

Where'd you see it's set for April? His last note said he was targeting January.

19. Steven58

Moderator Thread Starter

can you explain to me how? I can't find that feature. tia.

20. Doubledee90

Doubledee90 Android Enthusiast

I have had this installed for a couple weeks, but I use LPP. My big gripe about this is that the app launcher isnt in alphabetical order, making it really hard to find my apps, and Im not about to rearrange all of them.

21. bigbadwulff

They are in alphabetical order but they are segmented into 2-3 sections for some reason. Apps in phone memory, apps on SD card and pre-installed apps ??? Is that the way they do it?

22. Steven58

Moderator Thread Starter

DD,

Yes, it is. Here's how:

In the app drawer select settings>icon sorting>sort by alphabet

You can sort by alphbet, last installation first and vice-versa.

23. Airmaxx23

Airmaxx23 Android Expert

The scrollable news widget that I use works fine with this, I just installed the widget on the home screen and it works.

[​IMG]

24. mxsjw

mxsjw Android Expert

^ Air, What news widget is that please?

25. Doubledee90

Doubledee90 Android Enthusiast

Thanks, that must be new, because I looked everywhere for it when I installed it a couple weeks ago

Motorola Droid X Forum

The Motorola Droid X release date was July 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, TI OMAP3630 processor, and 1540mAh battery.

July 2010
Release Date
Reviews