• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Record a phone call on the fly

beowulf

May 7, 2010
Hi,
Is there any app to record phone conversation on the fly. I searched some threads but didnt find anything that was popular. I tried "All Call Record" but its a crappy app. I could hardly hear anything and even after uninstalling the app, th voice quality was bad. Had to reboot the phone.

I need something where I can select what part of the conversation to record. Say somebody is giving directions/phone numbers. Instead of fumbling for a pen to jot it down, I can just start recording and then turn it off when required so the file size is small.

Anything that can help me?

Thanks...!

OK, this isn't on the fly, you need to know that you are going to record the call before you make the call. But, the easiest and simplest way to record a phone call (and it works on whatever phones are answering or calling) is through CallTrunk (http://www.calltrunk.com). Cloud-based, keeps the call saved and available forever, free for first 24 calls.

Does it also record the incoming part of the phone conversation, or just your own side, like most 'call recording apps' do? Pretty useless.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones