• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help record calls on magic

Actually it works, just the volume is so so low, i can hardly hear it. Especially the other side's talking, really hard to hear on the phone.

Do you know if windows media can play this file?

Really need some amplifier to make the sound clear.

You can try a bluetooth headset ... or i have a small amplified speaker with a 3.5mm jack that i plug into an adapter ... and it is like a boom box ... so a normal headset should also work ...

Upvote 0
What do you do with the headset? and amplifier?

The issue is only the other end's voice is low, the voice coming from me is perfectly fine. So if I amplified the whole sound, then my voice is really loud.

Perhaps that's how the hardware issue goes in magic when recording call.

Upvote 0
What do you do with the headset? and amplifier?

The issue is only the other end's voice is low, the voice coming from me is perfectly fine. So if I amplified the whole sound, then my voice is really loud.

Perhaps that's how the hardware issue goes in magic when recording call.

the sound from the headset connect is direct and at full volume ... it seems that when recordings are played back thru phone set the volume is always very low ...

But using the connector is a good method and the sound is at a level that i actually have to trun the volume down.

Upvote 0
You meant using the mini-usb connector for voice recording?

Im using bluetooth mono headset. Maybe that's why it has problem?

i meant using the mini-usb connector to listen to the playback ... BT stero is great too, if you dont have an original headset, or the battery power mini-boom box that i have ...

The volume out of there is so much better than just using the phones speaker.. for phone recorded sounds ...

Upvote 0
Ok. I will try that out.

But isnt it the same, since the volume is based on file. Rather where you hear it..

There are at least 6 different volume controls in the phone ..

1.) Alarm
2.) Music
3.) Alerts
4.) Ringer
5.) System
6.) Voice

Depending on which service the apps' dev used for sound playback will depend on which volume needs to be adjusted ...

Also to your question .. sound coming from the phones speaker, or speaker phone and what comes from the USB are different .. and BT is a total different matter ... As to BT i cant turn the volume all the way up on the phone or BT and bear to listen to it ... I dont like bleeding ears ...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones