1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

record netflix from usb port?

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by ekernel, Apr 15, 2012.

1. ekernel

ekernel Lurker

Hi, is it possible to watch netflix on my laptop or tv screen using a usb connection? or sumhow record it. from phone to pc

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ekernel

ekernel Lurker

3. OfTheDamned

OfTheDamned The Friendly Undead

Why not simply use netflix via the browser?

4. bioforce

bioforce Well-Known Member

Would be far easier to just watch it on your laptop and then hook your laptop up to your tv if desired. Or buy a Roku for 50$.

5. sanibel

sanibel Android Enthusiast

Or hook your Android phone to your HD TV (via HDMI cable) and watch Netflix on your TV.

(Don't know about recording Netflix shows though.)

6. Seanette

Seanette Android Expert

I'm pretty sure Netflix has streaming set up in such a way that shows can't be recorded, but I'm not sure of the tech aspects, so could be wrong. :)

7. itsallgood

itsallgood Android Expert

Actually, you can record Netflix. (I do it all the time to DVD.) We stream ours thru the Wii. What I do is connect the audio/video cables, from the Wii, to the front audio/video port on the DVDR.

8. Seanette

Seanette Android Expert

Hmmm. Could have sworn Netflix had something in place to prevent that, but maybe that's just what they *say*. ;)

9. itsallgood

itsallgood Android Expert

I will say this though. When I try to rip a movie I recordered from Netflix, so that I can play on my cell phone, only the audio is there. No picture. So I guess in away, they do have it where you can't duplicate it.

10. cgm12

cgm12 Lurker

yeah, there is at least one way to record netflix -> through screen recording. i know for sure that audials moviebox is able to do that and there is another option within the same soft called video recording but I personally prefer the 1st. i attached a tutorial, if you wanna take a look. but that's only for pc, as far as i know there is no app that can do it from the phone directly

11. mikedt

mikedt 你好

It's the analogue hole method. Screen capturing and recording with a DVR. AFAIK they can't really do anything to prevent it and the DRM has not been compromised or cracked.