1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Recorded videos freezes for second or two!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by 4seven, Jun 23, 2011.

1. 4seven

4seven Lurker
    None

Jun 14, 2011
    I love my HTC Desire S.
    Only problem I'm having is that camcorder is useless because it's almost impossible to record any videos without these glitches/freezes or whatever you want to call them. Here is an example of what I'm talking here:

YouTube - ‪Squirrels‬‏

You can see video stops at about 0:25 for a moment.

It was shot in high quality (800x480) not even in HD but same things happen when using any quality. It can occur many times in a single video depending on it's length. Preview screen (when you are recording video) doesn't show any freezes like this.

My microSD card is original that comes with the phone - 8GB ScanDisk Class4. I've tested it speeds: ~5,5MB/s write and ~20MB/s read - so microSD write speed isn't the problem in my opinion.

Would like to get any help or advises because this annoys me very much.
    Thanks.

Advertisement

2. notebook

notebook Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 10, 2011
    Does it freeze when you play back the original 3GP video on your phone?

Do you have another SD card you can test the video cam with?

When you're using the video cam, are there any other processes running on your phone that might be eating into the system resources? This could cause the video to freeze as in your example.

4seven likes this.
  3. 4seven

4seven Lurker
    None

Jun 14, 2011
    ○ Yes, it freezes when i play back video on phone or anywhere else. I've even tried few other video players on phone.

○ No, I don't have any other microSD to test this with. I have plans to get 32GB one. On other forums people advised to format microSD - just did it. Will do several test videos and post after a bit.

○ After doing a lot of reading on topics about using all sorts of task killers I've decided not to use any for now. So I don't really know what processes are running and when, but I'm monitoring my ran and it rarely gets below 150MB, usually it's around 250MB. So I figure that should be enough.

4. notebook

notebook Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 10, 2011
    Re the SD card. It's probably worth trying the reformat and, if possible, setting the cluster size to 32kb.

Trying the video cam with another SD card will let you know if you're looking at an SD card problem. I have the same SD card as you and have no issues with the video cam or playback.

5. ben_pyett

ben_pyett Member
    None

Mar 31, 2011
    Wivenhoe, Essex, UK
    I've also experienced exactly the same problem on my desire s, with two differing memory cards the one that came with device and a new 32gb one that I bought, so I suspect that this of they phone not sd

I've also read other postings from other users over at xda with same issue.

6. kutukutu

kutukutu Lurker
    None

Jul 5, 2011
    i got the same problem too.

Tags: