1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

recording all web traffic

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by nik c, Sep 18, 2011.

1. nik c

nik c Lurker

Hi,

I have got a Samsung Galaxy S2 phone and need to record all web traffic on it. This should include all possible browsers at least.

Also:

Is it possible to configure the phone (e.g. install apps, and accounts) and then lock so that no apps (browsers included) can be installed without and 'administrators' password.

Thanks,
    Nik C

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Harry2

Harry2 Extreme Android User

You can record the data amount of each app with 3G Watchdog Pro, TraficStats, TrafficInfo, DroidStats ...

Harry

3. nik c

nik c Lurker

Is it possible to automatically send these to an email address of choice? Ideally, I would like to keep a log away from the phone.

Thanks,
    Nik C

4. Harry2

Harry2 Extreme Android User

As I know of these, no.

Harry

5. DaveSyd

DaveSyd Android Enthusiast

I'm using Norton Mobile Utilities and it does not email reports, but it keeps the current month plus the previous 2 months stats so you should have ample time to collect your stats. It collects all mobile data and all wifi data separately. Norton is still in beta but only has one minor bug or 2 and still being updated.

I previously tried Quota but it kept losing the total midway through the month.

6. nik c

nik c Lurker

Thanks for the reply -
    I am looking for somethign that reports the web trafic to a web stie where I can examine, store, download the data.
    Bassically what I am looking at is a working accountabilty software that allows us to see how the phone was/is used by the person carring it.

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews