• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Recording Concerts (Audio Quality) - iPhone 4s vs Any Android Phone

DiZzyBonne

Lurker
May 5, 2012
I've been doing a LOT of research, and I'm almost 99% sold on the new Samsung Galaxy S3...once it's released in the states, that is. However, one BIG flaw I've noticed in EVERY phone I've seen recorded video of (with the possible exception of the Sony Xperia S,) is the sound quality in concerts. Every video feels like it's taking in too much audio, making the loud sounds record extremely distorted. However, on any iPhone 4s, the sound, although doesn't have much bass, sounds very clear.

The selling point for me on my phone is going to be the quality of the sound in the video, and so far, no phone has awed me like the iPhone 4s. Does anybody have any suggestions? Is there anything that can be done - without resorting to third party hardware - to make these phones record with a better audio quality?

I'll give an example of two videos comparing a Galaxy S2 to an iPhone 4s:

Galaxy S2 - youtube . com/watch?v=_YSWN67YCQY

vs

iPhone 4s - youtube . com/watch?v=iIvFZ1j0UnM

[EDIT]

Upon further research, it seems that a lot of the Sony Xperia models have GREAT audio recording capabilities. Are there any current phones for Sprint that can match it? I really hope the S3 can...:(.

[EDIT 2]

Seems that the Droid Razr Maxx has good audio too!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones