• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

"Recording failed" error!!! :(

crazyvinoo

Jun 11, 2012
Hi Guys...

Before explaining about this ,i searched through various forums and many blogs..none of them helped...let me explain about the issue...It has been already discussed for other phones.When recording video,it shows an error message "Recording failed".As per various info's i got,i tried uninstalling maps,twitter..many camera applications..reducing the video size from 1080 to 720...and tried uninstalling many applications as possible...but no go...Also sometimes it works for a while and then again the same problem..Does anyone else face this issue with S3...OMG.....this issue is pissing me off...Any idea??????:thinking::(:mad:

OMG!!!! 99 views....but not even a single reply.....does that mean am i the only one facing this issue??????

If you just have a bad phone with a hardware issue from the factory, then yeah, it might be just you! Also, I think the majority of users here are in America, and we haven't quite gotten the GSIII yet, so probably a lot of people like me who are waiting for it to get here and just checking out the GSIII subforum. Have you thought about taking your handset back and exchanging it as defective?

Reactions: cmybliss
Upvote 0
Thanks for the response....Yeah..you are right.But my issue is different.As i have mentioned earlier,i went through various forums and did a googling about this issue..It seems its not a hardware issue.The specific issue is mostly found in samsung phones, as i have noticed.i cant really tell when it works,when it doesnt..But as read in one of the forums,one guy suggested to "open google maps and accept the form"..i tried that one.After doing that,its working fine till now..but am not sure this will work fine forever.The thing is,i dont find any connectivity between google maps and camera app...:thinking:..so i just wanted to know whats really causing this issue... :hmmmm2:

Note: incase if it occurs again.....replacing is the only option.....:) ...

S 3 Roxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Upvote 0
Thanks for the response....Yeah..you are right.But my issue is different.As i have mentioned earlier,i went through various forums and did a googling about this issue..It seems its not a hardware issue.The specific issue is mostly found in samsung phones, as i have noticed.i cant really tell when it works,when it doesnt..But as read in one of the forums,one guy suggested to "open google maps and accept the form"..i tried that one.After doing that,its working fine till now..but am not sure this will work fine forever.The thing is,i dont find any connectivity between google maps and camera app...:thinking:..so i just wanted to know whats really causing this issue... :hmmmm2:

Note: incase if it occurs again.....replacing is the only option.....:) ...

S 3 Roxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do you have geolocation turned on on the camera app? It might have been trying to find your GPS coords thru Google Maps, but since you hadn't accepted the form, Maps wasn't giving coords, so the camera wouldn't be able to finish what it was trying to do and errored out. Just a guess on my part, but I could see that string of events possibly happening.

Upvote 0
If you just have a bad phone with a hardware issue from the factory, then yeah, it might be just you! Also, I think the majority of users here are in America, and we haven't quite gotten the GSIII yet, so probably a lot of people like me who are waiting for it to get here and just checking out the GSIII subforum. Have you thought about taking your handset back and exchanging it as defective?

I'm in the same boat. Haunting the GSIII forum to get a feel for what to expect when the phone comes.

I hope you find the answer to your dilemma!

Upvote 0
Do you have geolocation turned on on the camera app? It might have been trying to find your GPS coords thru Google Maps, but since you hadn't accepted the form, Maps wasn't giving coords, so the camera wouldn't be able to finish what it was trying to do and errored out. Just a guess on my part, but I could see that string of events possibly happening.

Thanks for your reply...Ya.. actually after i accepted the maps agreement,i didnt encounter a problem after that till now..Hope it continues...:rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Gah! Installing adobe flash doesn't change anything, still can't record, I actually lowered the video recording quality to the lowest and it finally worked. I tested some more and I need to lower resolution to anything below 1080 by 720, those settings will let me record, but playing them back sometimes results in "this video cannot be played" -.- I am gonna wait for an update. This seems to be a major software issue. And I know I probably wont see update till the US release date finally comes, but hopefully they do work promptly and get an update out before that .

Upvote 0
Just out of curiosity, what location are you saving the video to? Are you saving it to the internal storage or to a micro SD card? If you are saving it to an external micro SD, have you tried a different card? What speed class is the card? Just trying to help troubleshoot the issue

I tried putting them on the SD and Internally, both give me an error.

Upvote 0
Good luck! Keep us posted if they find anything

Alright so I went to the corporate store on Tuesday. They looked at it and confirmed it was a manufacture defect and they printed out a eWork Order for me and told me to call sprint and tell them about the eWork Order and about the issue I was having. I called sprint after i went to the store and gave them a number from the eWork Order and then they called the sprint store to verify everything and they said they were gonna send me a new one and sending me a kit so that i could send back my old one. Today I got the brand new out of the box Galaxy S3 and everything on it works so far. :D They shipped it overnight! And everything was covered for. I paid nothing out of pocket, primarily because i'm still within my 14 days with Sprint. So yeah. I just got them to send me a new one and issue solved lol if anyone else is having this issue your probably better off just visiting a sprint repair/corporate store and having them deem it unworthy of excellence then letting you get a new one. Of course you need to still be within your warranty.

Upvote 0
For me this Issue was due to having a class 2 micro sd card. After tons of trouble and getting my phone replaced, I realized that my old sd card was only class2. I also understand that many stores only provide a class 2 when you purchase an S5. An S5 writes at too high of a speed for a class 2 card to handle when recording. To see if this is the problem simply remove your external sd card and try recording again. When you do this the video cam records to internal memory. If it works then you simply need to buy a higher class card. I purchased a quality class 10 card and that fixed my issue. Hope this helps.

Reactions: Arphilj
Upvote 0
Hi Guys...

Before explaining about this ,i searched through various forums and many blogs..none of them helped...let me explain about the issue...It has been already discussed for other phones.When recording video,it shows an error message "Recording failed".As per various info's i got,i tried uninstalling maps,twitter..many camera applications..reducing the video size from 1080 to 720...and tried uninstalling many applications as possible...but no go...Also sometimes it works for a while and then again the same problem..Does anyone else face this issue with S3...OMG.....this issue is pissing me off...Any idea??????:thinking::(:mad:
Hi Guys...

Its not a phone defect mine just did this now and I fixed it all you do is ....go to camera touch settings and scroll down and touch reset it should work after this I've been working with android years

Upvote 0
Greetings, troubled users.

I used to have this problem on my S4, and I also used to go through forums (painfully) and ended up with no help.
Today is possibly your luck day as I shall share how that error disappeared for me.

If you've been trolled by Brittany, I offer you my commiseration.
And I shall offer you another if this doesn't solve it.
(Albeit I doubt it as it worked on my device.)

I do not believe that it was a defect, instead, there would be something; your apps in your task manager, which are causing the problem. For me, it was Instagram. I hung the record screen in Instagram and switched off until I had to record something. Yes, the message came up and I was confused. So, I cleared my task manager and got back to the camcorder, and when I tapped the record button, it started recording!

Self-explanatory, clear task manager.

Bye.

Still here?
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Upvote 0
I found the fix you just need to opent the camera then go seetings then video settings and just turn off microphone thats it i had the same problem and i just now found the fix

Attachments

• IMG_20161006_213326.jpg
    IMG_20161006_213326.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 621
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones