• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

recording speaker output internally

Frostypawz

Jun 29, 2012
I'm wanting to simply record what comes out of my phones speaker before it actually reaches the speaker. There are plenty of programs that will do this sort of thing on a pc.. However,all the play store apps I see for a phone require you to enter a streaming radio address, made to record both ends of phone calls,or record external sounds only (like dictation,ambient sound) from the built in microphone.

Is there a way to simply record a stream of sound (what u hear) from the web on your phone as a sound file. This could be a streaming radio station , youtube type AUDIO ONLY , or anything that you will hear from the speaker from any source really. Id like it to prefererably be in a compressed format. Thanks..

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones