• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Recover data from SD card which is present as internal in Android 6.0

R

Rathissh

I'm having lenovo k3 note with marshmallow update.
It features to convert external memory card to internal & I did so. I used migrate option in settings-->storage. But it copied lot of data to device storage, hence it end up in low memory space & I can't use my mobile. So I formatted mobile. But now it asks me to format my memory card, which is having lot of important datas. Even this memory card is not recognizing in laptop. It only allows to format to portable or internal storage in my mobile.Please suggest me to recover my datas. Thanks in advance!!!

The problem is that when you adopted the sd card it was encrypted (and also reformatted to a format that Windows won't understand even if it weren't encrypted). Adopting the card really does make it a part of the phone storage, at the cost of the flexibility of having a removable card.

So unfortunately I don't know a way round this. If your phone cannot read the card I don't think anything else will be able to.

Reactions: Slug
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones