1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Recover Deleted Album - Android 6.0.1

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by The_Swish, Aug 22, 2016.

1. The_Swish

The_Swish Lurker
    None

Aug 22, 2016
    Male
    Hi Community,
    I have an LG G5 (LGLS992) from Sprint running Android 6.0.1. The phone currently has no SD card and is not rooted.
    I just got back from a weekend trip with my family and was cleaning out some old photos before backing them up when I accidentally deleted my main album. I know that you can recover recently deleted photos, but I cannot find any way to recover the album.
    I spent hours last night trying to find some way to recover the album to no avail. From what I have read, it seems as though I am SOL unless my phone is rooted. So far, it appears that the LG G5 that I have is not rootable...yet.
    I believe that I can recover the files if I can get the phone to read as a mass storage device with a drive letter, but I cannot find any way to get the phone to show up with a drive letter.
    Does anyone know of a way to recover my deleted album? I am desperate as many of those photos were of my children over the past few weeks.
    Please spare the backup, backup, backup comments...I am usually very good about that and preach it to my wife. My a$$ is sore from me kicking it. :(

I am grateful for any help,
    The_Swish

Advertisement

2. AZgl1500

AZgl1500 Android Expert

Feb 3, 2011
    Male
    Retired and loving it.
    Oklahoma grasslands
    I hope you enjoy beer, that is the best we can do

Sorry

3. The_Swish

The_Swish Lurker
    None

Aug 22, 2016
    Male
    After last night, I am going to have to pick up some more on the way home today. Might have to be whiskey.

4. AZgl1500

AZgl1500 Android Expert

Feb 3, 2011
    Male
    Retired and loving it.
    Oklahoma grasslands
    I feel your pain.

Some dumb Klutz laid my Note 4 with all of my important data/pictures/data files on a truck dash in full sun...

wonder who that was? :rolleyes: I now own a brick

I was one step further along than you.... all of my important data/pictures live on the SD card.
    I pulled the card and the SIM out, dug into my fanny pack and retrieved an old S5 that went out of service when the Note 4 arrived on the scene.

plugged the little fancy devices into the S5 and turned it on.
    It powered right up, and looked identical to the Note 4 with 1 glaring exception. the size is way too small.

same apps, same data.... guess that is enough butt kicking :oops:

not everyone carries a compatible spare phone in their fanny pack every where they go....
    but, I am an old hand at this crap, been confusing electrons since 1958.

#4 AZgl1500, Aug 23, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2016
    The_Swish and The_Chief like this.
  5. The_Swish

The_Swish Lurker
    None

Aug 22, 2016
    Male
    I typically keep photos on a SD card, but just hadn't picked up a new card yet since I purchased the phone.

I'm at that stage now where I'm just trying to accept my loss. I told my wife that we are going to have to retrace our steps over the past three weeks and re-pose for all of the pictures that were lost. She thought that I was kidding. lol