1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Recover deleted pictures

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Morten Johansen, Apr 10, 2018.

1. Morten Johansen

Hi

I desperate in need of help as my daughter got a Samsung J3 .. however she forgot to sync with google pictures etc... and now she by accident deleted all pictures on the phone ...

Can we somehow retrieve them anyway.. I dont care if I have to root it or something else advanced. Please advice !!

NB! sadly the pictures are whiteboard pictures from school that SHE REALLY need to the exams

Thanks in advance

Advertisement

2. Tony Woody

Tony Woody Lurker

First thing first, i am newbie here, sorry if i give your the wrong way of solution. First thing first do not take any picture or store any file, it might be the data will be re-write and very hard to get back. You can install the Recuva software. Just simply searching it on Google. Then you can retrieve it via that software, i cannot give the exact step by step, there is a lot of tutorial on youtube, but from my previous experience, i used Recuva to retrieve deleted pictutres BUT as long as i do not rewrite the data on the memory card

3. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

Sorry, Recuva doesn't work with a phone's internal storage since Android 4.4. Now that volumes are dynamic and virtualized, there simply isn't a way for them to mount file tables to recover deleted sectors.

@Morten Johansen, the bad news is those images are gone. The good news is ... well there really isn't any. :(

#3 lunatic59, Apr 10, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2018
    codesplice likes this.
  4. Tony Woody

Tony Woody Lurker

Sorry for my noob answer.. forgive me

5. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

No problem, you were only trying to help. I just didn't want to send the OP down a wrong path.

Recuva still might work with external SD cards, but it's never a guarantee.

emiliomoreno698, Hadron and PitCarver like this.
  6. svim

svim Extreme Android User

It's unclear as to just which photo library app she is using on her phone but if it is the Google Photos app, if she taps on the three horizontal lines icon in the upper left corner (hamburger menu), and taps on the 'Trash' option, any photos deleted within 60 days should still be restorable.

Hadron likes this.
  7. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

If the pictures are on a removable card the odds are good as long as you minimise use of the card until recovered - remove it from the phone being a good way of doing that. I doubt that you could recover them while the card is in the phone (since the phone uses MTP rather than USB mass storage to mount the card), but put it in an inexpensive USB microSD card reader, plug that into a computer and then run Recuva and your odds are pretty good.

Internal storage, as said above, is a different matter.

lunatic59 likes this.

Samsung Galaxy J3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy J3 release date was June 2018. Features and Specs include a 5.0" inch screen, 8MP camera, 2GB RAM, Exynos 7570 Quad processor, and 2600mAh battery.

June 2018
Release Date
Reviews