• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Recover Exchange Account Type

Not sure I understood - where did you set up the exchange account? On your laptop? Or on your phone? Assuming on the phone, what app on the phone did you set it up on? (or what app do you use on your phone to view your Email?)

Or are you using AkrutoSync on your laptop to set up the Email accounts, and then, syncing them to your phone (which app on your phone?) If so, you may need to reach out to the AkrutoSync support team and ask them if they will provide an update to their application to make it compatible?

Upvote 0
Not sure I understood - where did you set up the exchange account? On your laptop? Or on your phone? Assuming on the phone, what app on the phone did you set it up on? (or what app do you use on your phone to view your Email?)

Or are you using AkrutoSync on your laptop to set up the Email accounts, and then, syncing them to your phone (which app on your phone?) If so, you may need to reach out to the AkrutoSync support team and ask them if they will provide an update to their application to make it compatible?
AkrutoSync is commercial software ($29.95 after a 7-day trial period) that you install on your PC and that runs in the background. There's no special app on the phone. You set up an Exchange account on the phone using an email address provided by the AkrutoSync software on your PC (userid@192.168.1.106) and the syncing automatically starts. Thanks for your patience.

Upvote 0
Glad you got it to work - I guess I'm still confused about why you paid for this software, when the (free) built in apps on Android have been supporting this for quite a while now. I guess it offers some additional features.
Anyway, glad you are up and running now. That's what matters :)

Upvote 0
What type of Email account is it? Is it a true windows server based Corporate Exchange? (since you are asking about "exchange") Or is it a hotmail/outlook.com type account?

If it is a corporate exchange server, just adding it to your gmail app (or the Email app pre Lollipop) would get your contacts/calendar synced up.
It it is a hotmail/outlook.com type account that you access using Exchange services, your desktop outlook should be syncing to the hotmail/outlook.com cloud anyway. Just add that to your gmail app (or the Email app pre lollipop) and that should get synced to your phone by itself.

Upvote 0
What type of Email account is it? Is it a true windows server based Corporate Exchange? (since you are asking about "exchange") Or is it a hotmail/outlook.com type account?

If it is a corporate exchange server, just adding it to your gmail app (or the Email app pre Lollipop) would get your contacts/calendar synced up.
It it is a hotmail/outlook.com type account that you access using Exchange services, your desktop outlook should be syncing to the hotmail/outlook.com cloud anyway. Just add that to your gmail app (or the Email app pre lollipop) and that should get synced to your phone by itself.
It's a personal POP3 account. There's no Exchange involved. AkrutoSync Uses Exchange for the PC to connect to the Android phone for syncing purposes.

Upvote 0
AHA! I went to Play Store and selected 'gmail app'. It was disabled. I enabled it and now when I do Settings > Accounts > Add account, I get account type I get the Exchange account type.

Yup that will do it. Now, exchange services are linked into the gmail app in some kind of way (since there is no email app anymore on nexus android) so disabling the gmail app likely disabled exchange services as well. Glad you got it sorted.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones