1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Recover Files from Bricked Phone?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Meliette, Jul 4, 2013.

1. Meliette

Meliette Lurker

Hi guys,

My Galaxy S3 is completely fried. Verizon is sending me a "new" one. Phone started acting up the past few days and would turn off on me, I would have to take out the battery and put it back in just to start it back up. Yesterday, phone froze and shut off while using it, took the battery out and put it back in... nothing. Couldn't even do a reset.

Is there ANY possible way to restore or save files that were saved on the phone's memory? Pictures and texts are my main thing. I have everything from the SD card of course, however a ton of stuff that I want to save was on the phone memory.

Any advice on how, if at all possible, to recover some of the files?

Thanks in advance for your help! :)
    Meliette

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. zimlokks

zimlokks Android Expert

the possibility are slim. you have to be able to at least boot into recovery to save most if not all of your files. if yu cant do that im sorry but there should be other ways. and is your device rooted?

funkylogik and Meliette like this.
  3. Meliette

Meliette Lurker

Thanks for the response :)

Not rooted at all. Wasn't sure if there was a way I could physically take the phone apart and move it to the new phone?? Haha sorry, I know nothing about this kind of stuff! :)

4. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;)

Nah youre pretty much stuck at this point man :(
    Is the phone DEFINATELY bricked? (Can u boot into download mode [power, home, volume down]?) :beer:

5. zimlokks

zimlokks Android Expert

yea, maybe someone will come by and give yu their thoughts which might work.

does the phone charge or do anything that shows signs of life?

6. antonio107

antonio107 Member

Well, they're always talking about internal SD" when you save things. I assumed that it was like my Dingoo, and that if you tore open the components with a screwdriver and pliers, you'd find an SD card unceremoniously glued to the chip board.

Might be a little bit more sophisticated on a smartphone, but I don't see why you can't trash the hardware to get to the memory, if that's your goal.

(Don't ask me how, though)

7. funkylogik

Yeah i know what you mean but i dont think the "virtual" internal SD is as simple as just a chip that can be transplanted. Hope im wrong though. I remember askin the same kinda question as this on another forum and not getting a solid answer :)

8. funkylogik

Wont your carrier expect you to give them the bricked phone btw? I suppose if not you could swap the whole mother board but then, if the phone IS truly bricked then youl be putting in a faulty motherboard so it wont help :smokingsomb:

9. zimlokks

zimlokks Android Expert

its not possible to "remove" the internal SDcard, its also connected to the data folder. i would gladly love to try and experiment fixing your phone. (check your pm's please i wanna knos something)

funkylogik likes this.
  10. zimlokks

zimlokks Android Expert

opps talking to the OP

11. funkylogik

Lol youre not experimenting with mine :p:beer:

12. zimlokks

zimlokks Android Expert

i know lolz man the OP is gone i hope whoever it is logs back in x3

13. funkylogik

Hope so bro. some people just have a problem and register with a few sites to ask a question then forget about it though :beer:

14. zimlokks

zimlokks Android Expert

i know the OP seems to be a long time member very shy tho

15. funkylogik

Dont be shy OP we're all cool here. Have a beer :beer::beer:

16. Meliette

Meliette Lurker

Haha you guys are awesome :)

Definitely look on here all the time, but don't post very much! :p

I plugged the charger into the phone last night without the battery and the red LED turned on... that has GOT to be some kind of hope, right?? The whole phone cant be shot if the light works?? I'm hoping to try a different battery today, thinking maybe the battery is the only thing that is shot?

Thanks again for all the advice and help!! :)

funkylogik likes this.
  17. Hi guys
    I mistakenly installed a. Apk file from the system folder in my Micromax A94.
    It did not get installed
    But after some time the phone restarted comes and gets paused to the boot video. I am nervous as I have my data in the internal memory I don't know what to do its not getting booted up.
    The symptoms are of soft brick ed phone. I want my data what should I do now.
    I had unrooted the phone
    :)

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews