1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Recover Lost Pictures?

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by JessiW, Feb 15, 2016.

1. JessiW

JessiW Lurker

I realize this has probably been asked before but the answers are so inconsistent. I have a Samsung S5 it recently started acting funny..after the latest update. My camera stopped working then the mic started going out. A couple day ago it did a complete Factory Data reset all on its on! This would have been ok if all my pictures had truly been saved to my SD Card. But as it turns out the latest photos including My baby's First Christmas were deleted. PLEASE tell me there is a way to get those back! I will root or pay for whatever software I have to if they can be recovered! PLEASE HELP!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Eddyjr

Eddyjr Lurker

You might check google photos, all my photos back up to google photos.

JessiW likes this.
  3. JessiW

JessiW Lurker

A lot of my info was backed up by Google (all my contacts, calendar, and some documents) but unfortunately my photos weren't set to sync..But thank you such for trying to help!

4. AZgl1500

AZgl1500 Extreme Android User

if it is that important, you might invest in a forensic recovery service.

can you say Expen$ive ??

I always check from time to time, to be sure that all of the different camera apps are defaulting to the extSDcard.

things happen, and apps sometimes default back to the OEM locations.

Lordvincent 90 likes this.
  5. JessiW

JessiW Lurker

Thank you! I didn't know about the forensic recovery but I have emailed a couple places close to home for quotes!

I should have doubled checked the setting when the phone started having issues...I will in the future.