1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Recover problem

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by yakuzado, Apr 16, 2012.

1. yakuzado

yakuzado Lurker

Ok guys so last night i just tried to flash clockwordmod recovery using odin before install the custom rom. After all the steps stated i had follow, i wait for the phone to reboot in order to see if the recovery was a success or a failure. But after about 15minute on the odin screen, the step still not fininsh, and to my suprise, the green bar under the recovery word doesnt event reaching half(if you've used odin you'll probably know what im talking). So i unplug the usb and reboot by myself without even completig the flashing process. So after that whati get is only a blackscreen, a phone and pc symbol with an exclamaton mark, and also a sentence "firmware upgrade encounered Issue. Please select recover using kies and try again. Everytime i turn off my phone and turn on again, the same message appear and my phone wont start at all.so what i suppose to do?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. keithross39

keithross39 Lurker

Hi...your answer's right there on your phone screen. Use your PC and download the latest version of Kies, then connect your phone to your PC with the supplied USB cable and use the inbuilt Kies option to do an emergency recovery. I had to do this on my wife's GS11....so I know it works....good luck.... :)

EDIT....just noticed the date on this post, but the info applies to anybody who finds themselves in this situation.. :)

Samsung Galaxy W Forum

The Samsung Galaxy W release date was October 2011. Features and Specs include a 3.7" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

October 2011
Release Date
Reviews