1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Recovered and Happy

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by mndgme, Sep 9, 2011.

1. mndgme

mndgme Well-Known Member

Hey everyone....I gotta say this site has helped me quite a bit lately. Device modding isn't new to me as I bring out the true potential of all my toys, but flashing new ROMS and recovering from bricks can confuse the best of us. I have lots of experience with iDevices, Wii, NDS, PSP, and mostly computer repair and modification. This site is right up my alley for my most recent toy....

I got my LG Optimus M (2.2.1) a few months back and rooted it using Gingerbreak with no issues. Got all the apps, and root specific tools that I wanted and started having fun. I didn't do the custom recovery the first time (my mistake) cause I was having trouble using ADB and was getting errors along the way, so I skipped that the first time. Backed up all my apps and system files using Titanium Backup and got rid of the bloatware Metro PCS flooded the phone with!

Yesterday I ran into a problem. (I'm not asking for help in the intro section of course) I tried installing Tasker and it wouldn't complete the installation. I closed it and my phone seemed a bit laggy, so I rebooted the phone and came to the android loading splash screen and it didn't move. So I started reading on how to recover. Found some good information here and started the process.

Long story short, I used a LG update program and successfully updated the software of the phone, but didn't fix the brick. So I somehow found a method to revert to factory settings and it seemed like it failed but turned on and was back to factory. But instead of 2.2.1, it was 2.2.2. From what I read a recent post (can't post link yet) that stated 2.2.2 couldn't be rooted at the moment. So I took the advice and downgraded to 2.2.1. Everything went OK and I'm back up and running! Now that I have the custom recovery installed I am considering flashing a custom ROM. I just don't know to much about it ATM. Will I lose everything, like my contacts (I already lost over 100 from the first brick!), is there a ROM that can make my Optimus M's CPU overclock? I seen a thead that said only 2.2 and not 2.2.1.(can't post link yet) Other then that, I am back on 2.2.1 and rooted, happy!

I consider myself someone who knows enough to get around and understand most of stuff on this board. Some things can be a bit confusing at first, but after a bit reading and searching, I usually have no problem finding what I need. This site is very informative and makes things fairly understandable for the average user (even for beginners for the most part). I want to thank the community (users and staff) for the abundance of information found here! I will be trying new things now that I now have custom recovery and a NAND backup. So thanks again and see everyone around!

Advertisement

2. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

Welcome to Android Forums!

Glad we could be of some help. That's what we're here for.

3. Steven58

Steven58 Recognized Incompetent Moderator

Welcome to Android Forums! I'm glad you signed up to become a valued member! :)