1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Recovering Data from Broken Phone

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by BZW77, May 22, 2017.

1. BZW77

BZW77 Lurker

Hello,
    I have a Galaxy Express Prime and recently the screen was broken, the rest of the phone works, but the screen is unresponsive, so I cannot enable things like USB debugging to transfer files out of the phone. I have already tried drfone for Android, but my phone is not supported. Is there any other way to recover my data?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Sounds like the only easy way in would be to get the screen replaced, especially if it's otherwise smashed, inoperable, and can't be accessed from a computer. Or you might have to consider forensic chip-off data recovery. Specialized and extremely expensive.

3. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

Does it support USB OTG? If so you can connect a mouse and operate it that way.

Harder if the display isn't working as well as the touchscreen - your describing it as "unresponsive" gives me hope that it's just the touchscreen that isn't working, but if not you need to mirror the display as well (and may not be able to do both at the same time unless you can do one or other wirelessly).

Samsung Galaxy Express Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Express release date was November 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.5" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon S4 Plus processor, and 2000mAh battery.

November 2012
Release Date
Reviews