• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Recovering my stock rom.

Hi I backed up my stock rom and flashed cyanogen mod 7 android 2.3.7 after the flash I saved the stock rom to my computer and deleted it off my sd card. Now I put the stock rom back onto my sd card to try and flash back to my stock rom I also backed up my cyanogen 7 rom. I wiped data, wiped cache partition, wiped dalvik cache and wiped the battery stats and then I recover my rom. It said that the recovery was complete so i clicked reboot now. Now it loads past the first samsung logo but it will not go past the gt i5500 logo. So I went back I recovered back to my cyanogen 7 rom, which reboots with no problems.

I deleted the cyanogen 7 backup after the reboot but kept the stock rom. I tried again to recover the stock rom. This time I backed up the cyanogen 7 rom and rebooted the system then I waited 15 minutes and went back into recovery I did not wipe anything and clicked recover the stock rom it completed the recovery but when i click reboot now it loads the first samsung logo and then stops at the gt i5500 logo so i still have the same problem. I have now recovered my cyanogen mod 7 rom with no problems any ideas on how to get back to my stock rom. I do not want to flash if I have to flash can any one send me the stock three android 2.2 rom.

Thanks

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones