• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Recovering Nokia User

JSouth

Lurker
Jul 6, 2011
I have loved using Nokia's Timed Profiles linked to calendar entries for many years. I could always be sure the phone wouldn't ring during a meeting or in the middle of the night if I set it up a calendar entry properly. Nokia isn't getting its act together anytime soon :mad: and I refuse to get an iPhone with its dorky physical silencing switch you have to remember to flip to silence and then remember to flip to turn the sound back on.

I heard that Android has apps that would automate things like Nokia does. So yesterday I gritted my teeth, went to AT&T and got a Samsung Infuse. It is so cool! :) I am truly sorry I waited so long to make the change! I am still looking through all the profile switcher apps for Android to find one that works best for me.

Any favorite Profile switching apps to recommend?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones