• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Recovery] A2 Clockworkmod Recovery 4.0.1.5

ShunYea

Lurker
May 28, 2011
the new version.

download link:

http :// downl oad.clock work mod. com/recoveries/recovery-clockwork-4.0.1.5-ascend2.img

I can't post the url, so add the blank.:D

and I have a question, this Recovery can't offmode charging, can you help to modify it, fix the Recovery.

I think the offmode charging is useful.

thanks.

PlayfulGod,

I am rooted.
Downloaded rom manager and used RM to flash CWM for the ascend 2.
but when i power off and try to reboot into recovery, it's stuck at the white huawei screen. I'd really love to get this working so I could try out your A2tude rom.

Any ideas?

**update:
after reflashing CWM through rom manger a few times, It finally booted into recovery.

Upvote 0
sleight problem... i am rooted and have rooted several phones eg. Prevail, have rom manager yet it tells me (Confirm Phone Model
huawei u8160)
Last I checked I had an a2, second of all it will not "fix permissions". (AN errror occured while attempting to run privileged commands "at the same time it gives it su permissions... I know this because it runns the superuser window")
Update** It will run a cwm 5.0.2.8 yet finds no other cwm and will NOT run cwm or recovery at all, just the huawei/boot img

Upvote 0
not w/o rewriting some of the code n hosting it lol ;)

i've already built cwm for the a2 n koush has already added it to rm too ;)

in need of help huawei acsend 2.3.6 was rooted running cm9 ics 4.0.4 until some how got unrooted now stuck in 4.0.4 ics cant get back to stock cant get into recovery either. Phone wont root the same as it originally did with poot and mistro!!! Any suggestions

Upvote 0
PlayfulGod,

I am rooted.
Downloaded rom manager and used RM to flash CWM for the ascend 2.
but when i power off and try to reboot into recovery, it's stuck at the white huawei screen. I'd really love to get this working so I could try out your A2tude rom.

Any ideas?

**update:
after reflashing CWM through rom manger a few times, It finally booted into recovery.

I'm having the same issue after rooting a friends phone. After reading this I'll try reinstalling it a few times until it boots and report back.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones