1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

recovery button not working

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by vinci, Sep 13, 2017.

1. vinci

vinci Newbie
    None

Jul 29, 2011
    Hi,
    I'm trying to root my phone and install twrp and root my phone. I've already unlocked the bootloader and I've been trying to follow the instructions from the site https://htc-one.gadgethacks.com/how-to/unlock-bootloader-root-your-htc-one-m8-0154444/
    I've downloaded several version of twrp for m8 (one of which from here http://www.devfiles.co/download/AjTazaDj/twrp-3.0.0-0-m8.img)
    So after I run fastboot flash recovery twrp--3.0.0-0-m8.img, the recovery button doesn't work. I press it and fastboot resets instantly.
    When I go back to HBOOT (switch from FASTBOOT), the phone does a very fast checkup and it seems to say that it hasn't found an image: "No image or wrong image".
    If I reset the phone, it works fine. Any ideas where I should go from here?

Advertisement

2. vinci

vinci Newbie
    None

Jul 29, 2011
    I'm not sure what I did, but I tried a different twrp image and it's worked eventually. I'm now trying to install a custom OS :)

Hadron likes this.
  3. Hadron

Hadron  
    VIP Member

Aug 9, 2010
    Spacecorp Test Pilot
    Dimension Jumping
    Yes, the original problem was a bad/broken recovery image, so flashing a different one was the right fix.

HTC One M8

The HTC One M8 is the Taiwanese company's flagship phone for the first half of 2014. It built on its predecessor with an upgraded 5-inch 1080p display, Snapdragon 801 processor, 2GB of RAM, 32GB of internal storage, and an UltraPixel rear Duo Camera.