• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [RECOVERY][CWMR][UNOFFICIAL][DEV] Clockworkmod Recovery for the LG Optimus F7 LG870 (fx1s)

Didnt work for me. I installed it all seemed to go fine then when I tried to reboot into recovery my screen shut off it vibrated shortly than the notification lights just went through their color phases. That was it. I rebooted my phone by holding down the power button and when my phone booted it had factory reset itself lol. I used a rebooter app which I think was the reason but not sure because just now I shut the phone off and held down volume down+ power button and after a message it opened up cwm .Thankfully I made a backup first lol. Also I noticed after flashing this I have no 3g or 4g icon on my phone and no signal. Imma restore the backup and see if it sorts itself. Well after trying to get back into it after shutting the phone down and rebooting I once again am at the screen off with the notification light glowing ;/ Now I tried it again and it went right into cwm v.6.0.4.4 hmm very interesting imma try it one more time and see. Now it seems to work again lol.

Upvote 0
Doesn't seem to be able to mount my sd card so I cannot restore my backup lol gonna see if I can copy it over to the onboard memory and restore that way.

Nope! it wont load any of the backups though the clearing of both dalvik and regular cache seems to have worked properly. Also it mostly loads cwm when you power down and hold vol down+ Power button though as I mentioned at times it just gives me a black blank screen.

Upvote 0
yeah sorry about that man. When I initially installed this. I installed one of the rebooter apps from the playstore. When i tried to reboot into recovery it simply gave me a black screen while the notification light glowed. I then rebooted my phone and it had factory reset the phone. Afterwards I tried getting into cwm via the normal shutdown and key combination use. I was then able to get into it. after shutting my phone off several times and trying to get into cwm it seems it sometimes goes into cwm and sometimes it gives me the black screen with the glowing notification light. Overall it did install successfully. It is just rebooting into it that is not consistent. Also ss I mention the clearing of the caches work though it didnt recognize my external card nor would it go into the onboard memory once I had moved my backup unto the onboard memory. Sorry for any confusion from the earier posts. It was late and I was a bit delusional. I hope this clears things up some.

Upvote 0
Installed easily and works well. External card is now recognized. Was able to create a cam backup on the external card and subsequently was able to restore from the backup I made after full data wipe and both.caches cleared. Still not able to get into it every time I do the vol down+power button method which gives me a blank screen at first. If I just hold down the power button when I have the black screen until the phone powers off and the do the button combination again, 99% of the time it takes me right into cwm. Very minor bug imo as everything else seems to be coming together well.

Upvote 0
Installed easily and works well. External card is now recognized. Was able to create a cam backup on the external card and subsequently was able to restore from the backup I made after full data wipe and both.caches cleared. Still not able to get into it every time I do the vol down+power button method which gives me a blank screen at first. If I just hold down the power button when I have the black screen until the phone powers off and the do the button combination again, 99% of the time it takes me right into cwm. Very minor bug imo as everything else seems to be coming together well.

is it wiping data when booting to recovery???

Upvote 0
No it isn't. It's working as it should. I wiped data and cleared caches before restoring my backup to ensure it worked properly.

and data remains after rebooting to recovery after booting to os???

I have to make sure its working as intended b4 I get koush to fork my repo into CM repos and build official and touch. ;)

Upvote 0
All the data remained throughout the entire process. Only time I had it wipe data was when I tried to use a rebooting app from the play store to reboot into recovery. I've never had it delete any data or anything when getting into cam manually.

sweet, after a few more verify I'll get it forked and build official. ;)

Upvote 0
Someone should still try a rebooter app to get into recovery since a lot of people like to use them cause they're quick and easy.

Any one of these two apps would do...

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.playfulgod.rebooter

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.siriusapplications.quickboot

My experience has been negative trying this. Seems it deletes all your data and pretty much wipes your phone. Also just noticed that my root is gone.

Upvote 0
My experience has been negative trying this. Seems it deletes all your data and pretty much wipes your phone. Also just noticed that my root is gone.
Your negative experience was before PG's latest update. Doesn't have to be you, but someone needs to try it so that if it doesn't work, PG can include a warning in the OP about rebooter apps.

Upvote 0

I can't speak for all apps, but mine uses the same cmds as issued by the os or if done from terminal.

only way data should get wiped, that is if all is working correctly and as intended, is if one confirms a wipe vs settings, while in recovery. If booting to recovery with the button combo and the LG Reset screen appears, confirming should not even wipe data. So basically what I am saying, is a wipe should not happen unless purposely executed by the user. ;)

If data gets wiped automatically in any way it needs to be reported so I can see if it can be bypassed. ;)

Reactions: APOPHiS420
Upvote 0
I can't speak for all apps, but mine uses the same cmds as issued by the os or if done from terminal.

only way data should get wiped, that is if all is working correctly and as intended, is if one confirms a wipe vs settings, while in recovery. If booting to recovery with the button combo and the LG Reset screen appears, confirming should not even wipe data. So basically what I am saying, is a wipe should not happen unless purposely executed by the user. ;)

If data gets wiped automatically in any way it needs to be reported so I can see if it can be bypassed. ;)

Well, I just downloaded from OP and flashed and can say that external_sd and internal sd was not mounting. I rebooted through Playful God's rebooter app and data wiped but using the buttons and data didn't wipe.

Upvote 0
Interesting results. Wish more people were testing this out. Everything on my end mounted as it should. Did you flash this over the first initial release as I did or was this your first flash? Interesting though you share the same results as me as far rebooter app causing data to be wiped while using the buttons does not.

Upvote 0
Interesting results. Wish more people were testing this out. Everything on my end mounted as it should. Did you flash this over the first initial release as I did or was this your first flash? Interesting though you share the same results as me as far rebooter app causing data to be wiped while using the buttons does not.

I've tried every single test. The only thing different possibly was that I'm running GT's kernel and that this time I did it over my PC than manually in terminal. Also I noticed that my external SD was corrupt afterwards which may or may not have something to do with it.

Upvote 0
So I'm think about getting this phone next Friday since I lost my old one yesterday.. They have it for $230 at radio shack and my buddy said I could get it for $200 if I go thur him but how is this coming along? I'm ready to do some roming/theming/and modding...lol.. I never had a Lg device before always Samsung and Nexus.. This should be different and fun..

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones